Set Column Names>>
The Set Columns Names module is for managing the columns of the database by layout. Columns in Brimbox are defined from the 50 standard columns; 1 through 46 are regular columns, 47 is a file colume, 49 and 50 are note columns, and 48 is reserved for later use (probably a document store). Columns 41 through 46 can also be used to store related table strings.
The Set Columns Names can define a column’s name, security, whether searchable or not, and the format for standard outputting and data validation. The data validation is set up with the required checkbox and the type of dropdown. The row, length, and order dropdowns are used to define the record output format for standard modules. The submit buttons are at the bottom, below columns 49 and 50, including the Rebuild Indexes button which rebuilds the full text search index used for the search module. The Set Column Names module is only available to administrators.
- This dropdown is for choosing the layout to be worked on when using this module.
- If alternative column definitions are available, a alternative definition can be selected here. The default definition is called “Brimbox” (with key “bb_brimbox”).
- This is where the display name of the column is entered when setting up the column attributes of a layout. To remove a column blank out of the column name and submit the form with the “Submit Columns” button. Note this will remove the column but not the underlying data. The underlying data will need to be cleaned up using functionality on the “Backup and Restore” module. Columns will need to be cleaned before reusing for another purpose since the data will persist. If columns are reused without cleaning they will contain previous data.
- This is where the attribute for the row outputting position of records by standard modules is set. The row output number should ascend with the order number.
- The length sets the output length of the field during standard outputting. Note that the overflow will be hidden.
- This is where the attribute for the order of outputting fields in records by standard modules is set. The order number should ascend with the row position number.
- This is where the validation setting for the data type is chosen, if no validation is desired choose Text.
- The display may be set here, this is most useful for alternative columns.
- The required flag determines whether or not a field must be populated, which by Brimbox’s definition means non-blank.
- This is where the security is set, a default secure column has secure set to 1 if no custom security is set in the
- If Search is set the column will be set to searchable concerning the full text index, or for the Search tab.
- In columns 41-46 a related table string may be stored and validated. It is stored and displayed as a regular text field.
- These are the two Note fields, though all Brimbox may contain unlimited text, notes fields are treated differently when inputting and diplaying.
- Column 47 is reserved for the file data type, the file name is stored in the field and the file is stored as a Postgres large object with an large object id equal to the row id.
- This is the standard submit button for updating column names. Please be patient when submitting as full text indexes for the layout selected are rebuilt during the update and this takes a moment.
- This button refreshes the module from the current settings in the database.
- This button rebuilds the full text index for all layouts. Please be patient.